Safety is the greatest asset where forces are applied, in order to protect staff and functioning of the plant. We make handling cranes, cable hoists, storage and retrieval machines safer by using smart technology. We have recently added the digital limit switch DGS4116 to our product portfolio: It identifies potentially dangerous situations in plants and allows to quickly shut them down, if necessary, and before an overload can happen.
Like all our products, the limit switch is easy to handle, versatile and can be combined with other Primosensor products, like our new rope force sensor SKS. Together with a force sensor, the limit switch detects over- or underload situations and provides precise and quick information (for the higher-level control) via 2 relay contacts and an analog output. It also displays an error message in case it detects a line breakage or a short-circuit. The detachable LC-display DGS4501 does not only show parameter data but can also save and transfer it. If necessary, it can be protected by a password. However, the limit switch can be easily used without a display, as status information is also displayed on frontal LED-displays. This way, even several limit switches can be operated by only one LC-display – saving costs and improving clarity.
The DGS4116 limit switches’ most important technical data at a glance:
- Suitable for connection to a force transducer with a 4–20 mA (2L and 3L) output signal
- 2 potential-free relay contacts, digital and freely programmable
- Analog output (4–20 mA, 0–10 V)
- Suitable for many monitoring tasks in force measuring
- Built-in, frontal LEDs and LED-display for central status messages
- Detachable LC-display DGS4501
- Unit showing parameter data
- Memory and transfer function
- Password protection
- LC-Display can be detached after limit switch has been set up
- Can be used as isolating transducer, due to the galvanic isolation between field circuit and control circuit
- Identification of line breakage or short-circuits, displaying respective error messages accordingly
For more information, please check the datasheet.